- Any iPad, iPhone, or iPod
touch on firmware 3.1.2, 3.1.3, or 3.2.
- An activated device: one not stuck on the Connect to
iTunes or Emergency Call screen.
- Any version of iTunes 9 (including 9.1.1).
- Syncing with iTunes before trying this is highly recommended.
On iPad, all this is still sort of beta. Some packages
in Cydia, not designed for iPad, might screw up your system and require
you to restore. Be careful. (And no, Cydia's appearance is not final.)
- Update (May 3): It no
longer deletes photos (sorry!) and should resolve the issue with error
code c0000005. (If you still get that error with the new version, try
setting compatibility mode to Windows 95.)
- Legal information.
- Source code will be available after the inevitable update.
- For troubleshooting purposes, here
is a little program to read the syslog (which the spirit installer
writes a bunch of stuff to). If you don't know what this means, don't